WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will be based in one of our offices in Europe and will be part of our Marketing and Sales Practice.
On a day to day basis you will collaborate with colleagues from around the world as well as outside of the Marketing and Sales Practice to help leading organizations solve their most complex problems especially with regards to understanding better the needs, pain points, and preferences of their potential and existing customers. From day one you will be exposed to senior McKinsey leaders and executive level clients. The Marketing & Sales Practice strives to help clients in both consumer and business-to-business environments on a wide variety of marketing and sales topics. The mission of this practice is to help clients achieve marketing-driven profitable growth. Our clients benefit from our experience in core areas of marketing such as branding, customer experience, personalization and customer lifecycle management, digital marketing, insights & analytics, marketing effectiveness for growth, organization & capabilities, pricing, sales & channel management.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will typically work in teams of 3 to 6 consultants and will be engaged in every aspect of the client project.
Working hand-in-hand with clients from all major industries (e.g., consumer goods, financial services, telecommunication, pharmaceuticals, energy, automotive, etc.) will be at the core of your responsibilities.
You will be leading the customer insights workstream and manage the end-to-end process, i.e. (1) define the research design and setup of the relevant external partners or data sources, (2) work with the research agency and other partners during fieldwork, and (3) run analyses and derive recommendations and action plans for clients, enabling them to optimize their products and services, go-to-market strategy, and/or brand positioning in order to deliver above-market growth in today’s rapidly changing markets.
As an insights specialist, you will have an opportunity to build on your previous experience in customer insights and as well as explore marketing topics and insights methodologies that are new to you. You will receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on your teams and the European customer insights expert team. You will have a partner assigned to you to help navigate your career as well as up to five weeks of formal training in your first two years with McKinsey. Additionally, you will receive guidance and support from the professional development team in selecting your client projects, helping you develop your skills and build your network.
There is flexibility to hire at the Junior Specialist or Specialist level, depending on your experience.
- Relevant Ph.D. or Master's degree with focus on consumer behavior and/or B2B decision making or 3+ years of practical experience in customer insights in an insights tech company or leading market research agency, or in a sector (for example, consumer goods, financial services, telecommunication, etc.), or in consulting focused on insights-related topics
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Practical experience in statistical methods and/or multi-variate analyses (in SPSS etc.) and/or qualitative methods and/or digital insights approaches
- Self-motivation and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)
Please apply online.