Who you'll work with
McKinsey & Company has set the standards of excellence in top management consulting for more than 90 years. We advise decision makers in leading companies, the public sector, non-profit organizations, and innovative, fast-growing start-ups around the globe. In Germany alone, over 1,300 consultants are dedicated to fulfilling our mission: to help clients achieve substantial and lasting improvements in their performance.
Based in our Berlin office, you will be part of the Visual Media team, which consists of ~60 designers across several locations. We develop concepts and create print and digital media for McKinsey’s communication needs. As a Senior Media Designer, you will support our consulting teams throughout Europe as they serve our clients, by providing guidance on the use of multimedia and creating impactful visual communication materials.
What you'll do
As a creative designer with strong conceptualization skills, you will develop corporate communication materials (digital and print) to suit a wide variety of occasions and topics. Our consultants located around the world are our (internal) clients and your focus will be on supporting those who serve our clients in Germany and Europe. You will act as an advisor/thought partner to your clients and will develop creative solutions to best support their communication goals, tell visual stories, and bring together communicative and visual content. You will support requests/projects from the initial briefing through concept design to final end-product realization. You will assume sole responsibility for these projects or will work in a team alongside other specialists, always in close consultation with your clients. You will deliver flawless quality in terms of both product and process. Through your expertise and experience, you will enrich the professional dialog in our department while also supporting your colleagues in acquiring new knowledge. In addition, you will lead specific design project teams (both locally and across regions). You will help expand and define our department’s design services (e.g., providing design consulting to our customers/consultants and bringing your experience from digital design projects into play).
- A degree in a design-related area (e.g., communication design, visual communication, corporate design, graphic/multimedia design)
- Professional experience in a corporate or design agency environment, with at least 4 years’ experience as a senior media/graphic designer with emphasis on print and digital design
- Advanced/master knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, competent in common Microsoft Office programs, and good knowledge of digital collaboration tools
- Excellent knowledge of communication and media design
- Excellent German and English language skills
- Ability to work well with diverse project teams, comfortable with and energized by planning and managing multiple projects in parallel (including coordinating with colleagues), and strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to assess the quality of content and make suggestions for improvements; detail oriented yet able to consider the bigger picture; strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic about creating design work within a corporate environment, generating new ideas, and striving for constant growth
- People coordination and/or project management experience would be a plus
At McKinsey & Company, you will work on stimulating professional challenges with dedicated teams and many opportunities for personal and professional development. In addition to modern office buildings with the latest technical equipment in attractive locations, we offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package (e.g. free catering and weekly sport courses).