WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You’ll work in one of our European office as part of the Marketing & Sales practice, aligned to the Sales & Channel service line.
McKinsey's Marketing & Sales practice is looking to add experienced leadership talent from leading sales organizations who bring deep sales tech and commercial expertise to our Sales & Channel service line globally.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll leverage your deep industry and sales tech expertise to strengthen and expand our impact through projects and client development, particularly in Sales & Channel and B2B industries.
You will consult to existing client service teams as well as top managers at client organizations, and with your sound expertise you’ll provide leadership and direction. Within the firm, you’ll be an entrepreneur who reinvents McKinsey and opens up new opportunities for client impact. You’ll be a mentor and an advisor to developing consultants.
Additionally, as a member of McKinsey’s global network, you will integrate insights from internal and external specialists as well as develop world-class knowledge. You will be an important source of intellectual insight on a client project, framing business problems in a way that the team can then execute to drive impact and client value. You will be responsible for identifying and developing new client opportunities to advise companies on sales transformation, sales technology architecture and implementation, leading project teams on day-to-day problem solving, team management, and client management, and bringing in deep functional knowledge, expertise, and proprietary tools to every client situation.
You’ll manage and develop strategic client relationships while ensuring the highest quality client work and be an inspiring leader who commits time to developing new consulting staff.
- Advanced degree preferably an MBA or master’s degree in a relevant field
- 8+ years of work experience after graduate school with a distinctive record of professional achievement and impact
- Director (or equivalent title) experience at a leading sales organization preferably B2B with multi-year experience in commercial topics and sales technology (e.g. CRM, sales automation, sales analytics)
- Some consulting experience either from inhouse-consulting or external management consulting
- Seasoned leader/director with strong entrepreneurial drive who thrives on intellectual challenge and “raises the bar” in terms of client service delivery
- In-depth of knowledge/defined involvement in helping frame, design and execute solutions for challenging business situations
- Experience leading cross-functional teams; team-orientation and collaborative approach
- Proven thought leadership within your industry space including production, syndication/publication of “marketable” knowledge
- Exceptional intellectual and analytical curiosity; creative visionary who can manage innovation
- Sophisticated executive demeanor; comfortable functioning at the highest levels of client organizations
- Outstanding listening skills and the ability to manage through influence
- Excellent presentation skills including strong verbal and writing capabilities