Who you'll work with
You will be based in our Frankfurt office and will be part of a group focusing on serving Private Equity and Principal Investors (PE/PI) clients in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The practice has a large number of affiliated senior leaders and associates across Europe, who work closely with clients during their due diligence transactions and value capturing process.
When you join McKinsey as a Research Analyst, you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest in your professional development.
What you'll do
You will support senior leaders and our EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region PE/PI Client Development Hub Manager in driving client development efforts with a focus on competitive situations and developing white space opportunities.
You will work with our industry, functional and local research team to collect, summarize, analyze and synthesize information that helps shape our outside-in perspectives on assets in the market. Furthermore, you will identify the data, information, and/or analysis that will support problem-solving efforts in developing client proposals (LOPs).
You will codify our client development efforts by developing LOP templates, case studies, qualifications, our asset intelligence library, and other databases.
In this role, you will also support our EMEA PEPI Reach & Relevance initiatives by preparing client roadshow and workshop documents, etc. Additionally, you will collaborate with our global knowledge team to share and build knowledge, best practices, and relevant new ideas.
There is flexibility to hire at either the Junior Research Analyst or Research Analyst level, depending on the qualifications of the candidate.
- Master's degree in business, finance, economics, econometrics, or a related field with a consistent outstanding academic record
- Demonstrated work experience in private equity or investment-related industries, either through fulltime employment (1-3 years) or relevant internships
- Strong interest in private equity and related industries
- Solid understanding of financial, economic, and general business concepts and terminology
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to structure a problem, disaggregate issues, identify root causes, and recommend solutions
- Ability to accomplish work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Professional attitude, work standards, and service orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required
- Demonstrated research experience in an academic or business setting is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication