WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll be working with McKinsey’s Operations practice in Europe. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
McKinsey’s Product Development service line is committed to helping clients develop products that fit market needs, produce attractive margins, provide platforms for add-on offerings, and enhance the reputation of brands for future business growth. Our work in product development includes developing, defining, and implementing strategies that help clients make lasting improvements to their innovation and business performance.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will work in teams with our clients to develop concrete product improvements in design-to-cost and design-to-market projects and contribute to creating innovative product ideas.
You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of these approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. Additionally, you will design new product development processes based on the principles of lean R&D and you’ll work jointly with clients on putting those recommended changes into practice.
Along with working on client projects, you will have the opportunity to contribute to refining our methods and consulting concepts and thus continually expand your expertise.
You will be part of our Operations Excellence Program (OEP), a two-year training program during which you will acquire the necessary knowledge to help companies achieve excellence in their operations. Along with other members of the OEP community, you will dedicate one day a week to functional training and knowledge development under the leadership of our operations experts.
- Initial professional experience in product development, product optimization/value analysis, leading R&D projects, or in technical supplier management
- Master degree and excellent academic record required
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities Mobile and excited to take on longer international assignments
- Mobile and excited to take longer international assignments
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)