WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You’ll be working with McKinsey’s Operations practice in Europe. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
Our Procurement group is part of our Operations Practice, providing clients with support and advising their management teams on strategic and operational questions such as global sourcing, e-procurement, supplier development, and the formation of purchasing organizations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll work with colleagues and clients from a wide range of business areas across Europe to develop purchasing strategies that support clients' business objectives and give them a competitive edge.
In addition to working directly with clients, you will also collaborate with colleagues worldwide to build and shape our expertise and approaches to purchasing and supply management optimization, continually developing your own knowledge as well as that of the firm. We are eager to learn from your own ideas and experiences and share ours with you.
You will be part of our Operations Excellence Program (OEP), a two-year training program during which you will acquire the necessary knowledge to help companies achieve excellence in their operations. Along with other members of the OEP community, you will dedicate one day a week to functional training and knowledge development under the leadership of our operations experts.
- Initial professional experience in strategic purchasing and/or supply management
- Master degree and excellent academic record required
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities Mobile and excited to take on longer international assignments
- Mobile and excited to take longer international assignments
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)