WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You’ll be working with McKinsey’s Operations practice in Europe. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
Our Manufacturing service line is part of our Operations Practice and helps leading companies in all industries develop and implement future-oriented lean manufacturing strategies. Our clients include leading companies worldwide from a wide range of industries. We offer their managements support and advice on strategic and operational questions relating to Lean Manufacturing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will work in teams of consultants providing expertise in engineering and manufacturing, helping clients to achieve new performance highs.
You will use your expertise to drive change in system and network redesign, as well as improvements to the overall execution of large operations - thus the work will range from shop floor improvements to fundamental changes in work processes, and information and material flows. You will make a meaningful, hands-on contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members. In addition to working directly with clients, you will also share your experience and insights with colleagues internationally, thereby expanding our knowledge and refining our approaches in the field of lean management.
Your application should be in English and include a cover letter, your CV, and your transcripts (high school, university, etc.) indicating all relevant grades.
- Professional experience in all areas of Lean Manufacturing, e.g., the Toyota Production System, kaizen methods, TPM, JIT, SMED
- Professional experience in the introduction and implementation of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Advanced graduate degree and excellent academic record required (e.g., MBA, PhD, etc.)
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Mobile and excited to take on longer international assignments
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)