WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You’ll be working with McKinsey’s Operations practice in Europe. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
Our Manufacturing service line is part of our Operations Practice and helps leading companies in all industries develop and implement future-oriented lean manufacturing strategies. Our clients include leading companies worldwide from a wide range of industries. We offer their managements support and advice on strategic and operational questions relating to Lean Manufacturing. Energy efficiency in production is becoming increasingly important not only in the context of environmental sustainability but also as a source of competitive advantage.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will contribute to the analysis, conceptual design, and implementation of solutions for increasing energy efficiency in manufacturing and heavy-industry operations in close collaboration with our clients.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members. You will share your experience and insights with colleagues locally and internationally, thereby expanding your own knowledge and ours in the field of manufacturing.
- In-depth knowledge of energy productivity in manufacturing operations and are familiar with sustainably integrating energy efficiency considerations into a complete system for performance management
- Advanced graduate degree and excellent academic record required (e.g., Master, MBA, PhD, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Mobile and excited to take on longer international assignments
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)