WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You’ll be working with McKinsey’s Operations practice in Europe. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
Our Service Operations Group is part of McKinsey’s Operations Practice and helps clients create and execute service strategies that lead to competitive advantage and significant, measurable bottom-line impact. Our main focus is on building client capabilities to lay the foundation for continuous improvement. We work with companies in service industries and also with product-based companies seeking to develop and optimize service offerings for their customers. We have taken the proven tools of lean production and Six Sigma across industries and tailored them to specific operating environments in each of the sectors we serve.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll work in teams of consultants using your expertise in the sales area to help clients achieve new performance highs.
You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of our sales transformation approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members.
In addition to working directly with clients, you will also share your expertise with colleagues internationally, thereby expanding your knowledge and refining our approaches in the field of Service Operations.
- Previous professional experience as a Sales Manager/Director leading a team and are used to making strategic decisions on market strategy and sales operations
- Demonstrated deep practical expertise in leading strategic sales transformations and a thorough command of sales operations (e.g., sales process and execution, product mix optimization, value selling, action planning, pricing, or post-merger/turnaround management)
- Advanced graduate degree and excellent academic record required (e.g., Master, MBA, PhD, etc.)
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Mobile and excited to take on longer international assignments
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)