WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You’ll be working with McKinsey’s Operations practice in Europe. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
Our Procurement group is part of our Operations Practice, providing clients with support and advising their management teams on strategic and operational questions such as global sourcing, e-procurement, supplier development, and the formation of purchasing organizations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll work with colleagues and clients from a wide range of business areas across Europe to develop purchasing strategies that support clients' business objectives and give them a competitive edge.
You’ll have the opportunity to sharpen your technical skills, develop your knowledge in the operations space and become a skilled practitioner, focused on helping our clients transform their organizations through product portfolio, innovation and design, product optimization, category management and supplier collaboration. You will work closely with our digital procurement team on the forefront of a capability that is rapidly changing the traditional purchasing and sourcing space. Furthermore, you will play a key part in driving process improvement, delivering successful business results and developing broad based strategies for a diverse set of clients.
In addition to working directly with clients, you will also collaborate with colleagues worldwide to build and shape our expertise and approaches to purchasing and supply management optimization, continually developing your own knowledge as well as that of the firm. We are eager to learn from your own ideas and experiences and share ours with you.
Your application should be in English and include a cover letter, your CV, and your transcripts (high school, university, etc.) indicating all relevant grades.
- Previous professional experience in strategic purchasing and/or supply management
- Advanced graduate degree and excellent academic record required (e.g., Master, MBA, PhD, etc.)
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Mobile and excited to take on longer international assignments
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)