WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You’ll be working with McKinsey’s Operations practice in Europe. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems. Our Manufacturing service line is part of our Operations Practice and helps leading companies in all industries develop and implement future-oriented lean manufacturing strategies. Our clients include leading companies worldwide from a wide range of industries. We offer their managements support and advice on strategic and operational questions relating to Lean Manufacturing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll serve as an engineering or production expert on consultant teams that lead McKinsey clients to higher levels of operating performance. You will be instrumental in the analysis of client requirements as well as in the design and implementation of programs to transform clients' operations. Furthermore, you will develop specific solutions by working in close collaboration with client-based experts and executives. The challenges you will face range from the implementation of shop-floor improvements to fundamental changes in work processes and information and material flows. In addition to working directly with clients, you will also exchange knowledge with colleagues at the international level and contribute to developing both your own and our expertise, and refining our approaches in the areas of maintenance and lean production.
- Comprehensive practical knowledge in the field of maintenance, repairs, and equipment reliability, ideally gained in a process industry or similarly capital-intensive sector
- Familiarity with standard tools for improving maintenance efficiency and effectiveness, e.g., planning and managing maintenance work, preventive and prospective maintenance and equipment care
- Ideally, prior experience implementing improvement programs, such as TPM, and/or Six Sigma
- Advanced graduate degree and excellent academic record required (e.g., Master, MBA, PhD, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Mobile and excited to take on longer international assignments
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)