WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You’ll join our Marketing & Sales practice, working with our McKinsey Implementation (MI) team. MI provides continuous, distinctive support to our clients to ensure they achieve and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended changes. Our implementation consultants are involved from strategy through execution with a disciplined eye on impact and sustainability at every stage of the projectlife-cycle. You’ll work closely with our client project teams, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey’s recommended change in their business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will work in small teams with colleagues and clients to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results and ensure those results will be sustained.
Focused on Marketing and Sales projects, our work is about coaching others to achieve success in implementing new approaches and delivering lasting outcomes. You'll have the opportunity to manage projects and progress with minimal supervision, including tracking metrics, handling complex analyses, and preparing communications to report back to client and internal leadership. Additionally, you'll develop practical recommendations and contribute to team discussions on implications of analysis; identifying implementation challenges.
You'll work alongside the client’s staff on each project, assisting with implementation tasks. This could include facilitating working sessions with front-line and supervisors, connecting with and motivating the client team, or developing skills of McKinsey or client team members when appropriate, principally through coaching. You'll also solicit feedback from team members to develop your own skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or Operations (advanced degree preferred)
- 5-10 years of frontline marketing and sales team management experience, especially customer experience, pricing and sales
- Ability to build trustful relationships; good client hands
- Passion for coaching
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work with people across all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Comfort with extensive travel (4-5 days/week)