WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll be working with teams of consultants in McKinsey’s Operations practice in Europe. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
Our Service Operations Group is part of McKinsey’s Operations Practice and helps clients create and execute service strategies that lead to competitive advantage and significant, measurable bottom-line impact. Our main focus is on building client capabilities to lay the foundation for continuous improvement. We work with companies in service industries and also with product-based companies seeking to develop and optimize service offerings for their customers. We have taken the proven tools of lean production and Six Sigma across industries and tailored them to specific operating environments in each of the sectors we serve.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Lean Services Junior Consultant, you will work in teams of consultants in the role of a specialist in business performance transformation, helping clients to achieve new performance highs.
You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
In addition to working directly with clients, you will also share your expertise with colleagues internationally, thereby expanding your knowledge and refining our approaches in the field of Service Operations.
You will be part of our Operations Excellence Program (OEP), a two-year training program during which you will acquire the necessary knowledge to help companies achieve excellence in their operations. Along with other members of the OEP community, you will dedicate one day a week to functional training and knowledge development under the leadership of our operations experts.
- Previous professional experience in planning and executing business performance transformations (e.g., comprehensive process optimization, lean management) using Six Sigma and other lean concepts in service
- Master degree and excellent academic record required
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities Mobile and excited to take on longer international assignments
- Mobile and excited to take longer international assignments
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)