IT Support Automation Team Leader
What you'll do
As an IT Support Automation Team Leader, you will work in either our Dusseldorf or Prague office as part of the IT Support function of the Technology Service line. This team (Technology Services and Support) is responsible for keeping the firm’s internal technology running smoothly and providing 24/7 support to McKinsey colleagues around the globe.
You will work closely with your team of developers to explore, consult, and implement automation solutions within McKinsey, while having the freedom to test new ideas and experiment –you are expected to constantly learn and grow.
In the Team Leader position, you will lead a team of 6 developers in enabling our IT Support teams to automate their processes and tasks as well create self-serve solutions for our McKinsey colleagues. You will act as the go-to person on automation topics within IT Support and will explore potential solutions with our stakeholders. You will develop a shared understanding and come to an agreement with key stakeholders on outcomes and collaboration throughout the entire process. The expected outcomes are documented in clear KPIs, i.e., generated organizational value (savings), ROI, collaboration process, retrospectives.
It is essential that you and your team create outcomes that are guided by the principles of solving tech issues proactively and that you automate or simplify work flows (DIY, smart work flows). You will need to choose the right members for different projects, making sure that the right priorities are set, the workload is balanced, an appropriate level of transparency is created within the organization, and that setup is run with agility. Last but not least, you will coach and develop team members on further developing their skills in order to meet organizational needs.
- 3 - 5 years of extensive experience in designing and implementing large-scale process automation solutions by using automation technologies (e.g., RPA, smart work flows)
- Extensive and hands-on experience in the full lifecycle of automation solution implementation
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with senior leaders at McKinsey
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into enterprise-scale automation solution designs
- Ability to deliver pragmatic and innovative approaches that optimize processes throughout business strategies and technology capabilities
- Experience in agile development
- Strong presentation, writing, and communication skills
- At least 1 year’s experience in leading/managing a project team
- Experience in programming (Powershell, React, C#/.NET, Java, etc.)
- Excellent written and spoken English
If you are interested in this position, please submit your online application to the McKinsey career site: https://www.mckinsey.com/careers/search-jobs/jobs/it-automation-team-leader-0149