Our External Knowledge Services team (EKS) is a group of professionals dedicated to advancing the Firm’s data strategy by providing expertise in curating, managing, licensing, and implementing third-party data sources and services. Our team interacts with all levels of decision makers regarding the Firm’s world class data portfolio. We are the glue of the McKinsey data world that consist of partners, consultants, data architects & analysts, research teams, and other Firm stakeholders. For our office in Dusseldorf we are looking for an
Intern – External Knowledge Services (m/f/d)
What you'll do
You will support the EKS team for a minimum of six months in ensuring that McKinsey teams have access to the right data sources and knowledge services within their industry, function, or geography. In this role you will work effectively with experts within the organization and external providers. You will work on key tasks such as negotiation preparation, source usage and demand analysis, internal reporting, responding to a diverse range of user queries, as well as administrative support. You will interact at a global scale with colleagues from industry and functional practices, legal, IT, finance & accounting, analytics, and knowledge, working in a fast-paced, client-driven knowledge environment. You will gain a greater understanding of the data and consulting world, while working and dealing with a diverse group of professional stakeholders. You will also have an excellent opportunity to sharpen your business acumen.
- Completed at least three semesters of a business, economics, or comparable study program
- Outstanding academic record
- Initial professional experience through internships or vocational training
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills both in German and in English
- Ability to work in teams, to take initiative, and to deliver high-quality results in a reliable manner
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of general business concepts
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Sound Excel skills and experience in PowerPoint and Word
Please include a cover letter and all university transcripts with your application.