You’ll join our Risk Practice in one of our offices in Germany as a
This global practice supports clients in many different industries facing challenges of developing and implementing tailored concepts for risk recognition, measurement, and control.
Facing extreme volatility in financial and commodity markets, more and more of our clients are realizing that effective, risk-informed strategy can offer a major source of competitive advantage. We take a truly global, cross-sector, cross-functional view of risk issues, combining McKinsey’s deep industry insight and strategic skills with a structured risk-management approach, proven methodologies focused on true transformation, analytical tools, and practical implementation.
What you'll do
You’ll work in teams of typically 3-5 consultants, helping clients understand and quantify risk exposures, evaluate risk strategies, and build and maintain risk models.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. Working as part of our client service team, you’ll have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with team members. You will be expected to contribute to knowledge development by helping define and expand distinctive risk-based methodologies to support top management-level strategic decisions.
When you join McKinsey as a Fellow, you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest heavily in your professional development. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on teams and help the best organizations in the world – across the private, public, and social sectors – solve some of their most difficult problems.
You will receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes a Partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as several weeks of formal training in your first two years. Additionally, you’ll receive guidance and support from the Risk practice in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
- Undergraduate degree in business/economics or a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Mathematics or Physics) and excellent academic record
- 1 – 3 years of work experience in risk management in a consulting firm, investment bank or major corporation
- Strong record of leadership in an academic or extracurricular setting
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)
- Willingness to travel