Data Engineer (m/f/d) - University Students
You’ll work with a technology team in one of our North America offices to conduct full life cycle analysis of data sets, including implementing data acquisition, cleansing, transformation and upload activities. You will work closely with Data Science, Product Management, Product Design and Scrum Master team members.
Data Engineers are staffed on engagements or product teams and are expected to leverage expertise to solve some of the most pressing and complex issues at clients.
Please review the team options and locations below to clarify your preferences when you submit your application.
McKinsey Analytics (Dusseldorf, Madrid)
You will apply an analytical, entrepreneurial mindset to foster innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work
You will use math, stats and machine learning to derive key insights across various industry sectors including Formula 1, pharma, automotive and high-tech
Risk Advanced Analytics (London)
You will complete targeted quantitative analyses, build components of advanced models, and apply machine learning algorithms in different fields of risk (strategic risk management, operational/fraud, credit and market risk, pricing, asset evaluation and loss mitigation)
What you'll do
You will provide analysis, analytical modeling, and/or visualization of data sets using relevant data tools.
In this role you'll identify possible trends and patterns in the data, and communicate relevant findings that help support problem solving, insight generation and decision making. You'll apply your understanding of client data sets and intended use to effectively capture, validate, cleanse, transform and upload data. You'll perform quality checks to ensure consistency, integrity and robustness of data. You'll proactively identify potential issues (e.g., inconsistencies) with data quality, collection or reporting. You'll support solution delivery team, often remotely, in managing client data.
You'll leverage standard reporting to clearly articulate findings to solution delivery team or client team. You will be responsible for coding and scripting (SQL) for automating data transformation and loading specified by delivery team. You will perform impactful data enrichment, based on understanding of the sector/industry and types of data that are available in the space.
- University student in their final year in a Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent program; expected graduation date of December 2018 or May 2019
- Or, currently completing your first year in a non-business, 2-year masters program and have less than 2 years of work experience
- Ability to structure and analyze data in appropriate framework (e.g., Excel, Access, VBA, SQL)
- Passion for data tools and processes to drive business insights
- Strong analytical thinking, process management and quality control
- Ability to quickly understand and appreciate underlying business context, problems and objectives of analytical projects
- Clear communication skills to run well defined analyses and produce reports