The Poland Knowledge Network is a culturally diverse and multilingual office. Our knowledge professionals work together across industries and functions to develop, maintain, and disseminate knowledge, deliver custom analytics, and provide diagnostics, benchmarking, and data management services.
Cost Engineering Analyst (m/f/d)
Problem solvers and creative thinkers. Engineers and new business builders. Put your talents to use where opportunities are limitless and every day makes a difference.
You will be based in our Polish Knowledge Center office in Wrocław, Poland and will be part of our Product Development and Procurement team.
This group strives to improve our clients’ productivity and effectiveness by working to develop products and services that meet market needs, are produced with attractive margins, provide platforms for add-on offers, and enhance the reputation of the brand to increase future business growth.
The team serves clients in different industry sectors, with a concentration in automotive and assembly, aerospace, heavy industries, high tech, telecommunication, consumer goods, pharma, and medical products.
What you will do
- Act as a knowledge consultant on product-development- related projects
- Develop concrete product improvements to our value engineering approach and target cost-setting projects
- Collaborate with our clients on how to put these changes into practice
- Work in our design-to-value laboratories, physically disassembling and redesigning products
- Contribute to our way of working, knowledge, and skills, thus continually expanding your expertise
- Create innovative product ideas
- Conduct consumer insight analysis to better understand aspects of product improvement
- Analyze the cost modeling of products, conduct competitive analyses of competitors’ products, and build sustainable capabilities for R&D
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in product-development-related functions, including product cost optimization, product design, value engineering, DFMA, R&D prototyping, supplier management, negotiation, target cost setting
- Experience working within a cross-functional team
- Demonstrate analytic and quantitative skills, with the ability to structure and solve problems
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team and with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English
- Willingness to travel
If you have any questions, please contact Barbara Galewska (Barbara_galewska [at] mckinsey.com).