You’ll work with our Risk Practice in one of our offices in Europe.
Consultant (m/f/d) - Risk Management
The Risk practice supports clients in many different industries facing challenges in developing and implementing tailored concepts for risk recognition, measurement, and control.
Facing extreme volatility in financial and commodity markets, more and more of our clients are realizing that effective, risk-informed strategy can offer a major source of competitive advantage. We take a truly global, cross-sector, cross-functional view of risk issues, combining McKinsey’s deep industry insight and strategic skills with a structured risk-management approach, proven methodologies focused on true transformation, analytical tools, and practical implementation.
What you'll do
You’ll work in teams of typically 3-5 consultants, helping clients understand and quantify risk exposures, evaluate risk strategies, and build and maintain risk models.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. Working as part of our client service team, you’ll have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with team members. You will be expected to contribute to knowledge development by helping define and expand distinctive risk-based methodologies to support top management-level strategic decisions.
You’ll gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. Consultants receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes a partner from the Risk Practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as several weeks of formal training in your first two years.
- University degree in business/economics or a quantitative discipline, e.g. statistics, mathematics or physics, with excellent academic record
- 5+ years of relevant work experience and profound knowledge in risk management in a consulting firm, investment bank or major corporation
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)
- Willingness to travel