WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will join our Düsseldorf office as part of our Capabilities & Insights – Basic Materials team.
You will also be part of our global Client Capabilities Network (CCN) with more than 2,500 client capabilities professionals across the globe working alongside our consultants to deliver change that matters to our clients. They support our consultant teams, both remotely and at client sites, in an agile and targeted way. Further, they are core to our firm’s R&D, developing new knowledge and building and refining proprietary capabilities (e.g. assets, data sets), as well as curating, managing and maintaining them. Our portfolio includes state-of-the-art research, asset-backed and rapid diagnostics, benchmarking and workflow support. Our professionals have deep expertise and are able to apply a broad range of methodologies for specialized on-demand analyses.
Colleagues in our global Client Capabilities Network deliver distinctive client impact through assets and expertise and are driven by a culture of innovation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will support our consultants and clients by collecting, summarizing, analyzing, and synthesizing information that helps solve specific business problems in basic materials industries incl. Metals, Mining, Battery Materials, etc.
You will perform a wide range of research tasks on various basic materials industries and topics from collecting market statistics to market modeling and developing perspectives that are relevant to clients.
Over time, you will develop as an expert and build up McKinsey’s knowledge base in these topics. You will also collaborate with our global Client Capabilities Network to share and build knowledge, best practices and relevant new ideas.
Your work will be multifaceted and exciting and you will gain insights into many topics. In project work and in exchanges with colleagues, you will deal with new intellectual challenges daily as well as build your industry and functional knowledge on an ongoing basis.
- Graduate or post graduate degree in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math).
- 2 + years of work experience in industries such as metallurgy/ iron & steel, basic materials or other relevant industrial sectors. (Not required for Junior Analyst Position)
- Solid understanding of economic, financial and general business concepts in the targeted industries.
- Good technical and/or operational knowledge of metals and basic materials industries including processing chain.
- Experience in conducting business or academic research.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Advanced software knowledge (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau) is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English, German communication skills are a plus.