You will work in our Dusseldorf, Germany office as part of our Capabilities & Insights team in our Travel, Logistics & Infrastructure practice.
You will be part of our global Client Capabilities Network (CCN) with more than 2,500 client capabilities professionals across the globe work alongside our consultants to deliver Change that Matters to our clients. They support our consultant teams, both remotely and at client sites, in an agile and targeted way. Further, they are core to our firm’s R&D, developing new knowledge and building and refining proprietary capabilities (e.g., assets, data sets), as well as curating, managing, and maintaining them. Our portfolio includes state-of-the-art research, asset-backed and rapid diagnostics, benchmarking, and workflow support. Our professionals have deep expertise and are able to apply a broad range of methodologies for specialized on-demand analyses.
Capabilities & Insights Analyst (m/w/d) Transport Industries
You will leverage a solid understanding of business trends, issues and concepts to efficiently respond to complex research questions by delivering synthesized, actionable facts and insights to our consulting teams and clients.
You will also have the opportunity to work alongside senior knowledge professionals on larger client projects and internal knowledge initiatives. By collecting and analyzing data and information found in databases and/or other primary and secondary research tools, you will assemble a fact base, counsel consultants and clients on the scope of the business and economic trends surrounding the issue, and provide insights and analysis for solving clients' challenges.
You will have day-to-day tasks that include identifying the key issues around a given topic and determining the most appropriate solution, while effectively balancing quality, availability, timeliness and cost factors. You will also perform a variety of analyses such as benchmarking, trend identification, industry profiling, market sizing, growth projections and opportunity scanning to assist you in adding value to problem-solving discussions. You will provide synthesis, insights and client implications within tight deadlines via end products in the form of PowerPoint charts, written memos, models and frameworks. Over time, you will also participate in and eventually lead internal knowledge development and capability-building initiatives, using advanced analytics tools to prepare and analyze large datasets to derive insights, both for consulting teams and clients directly.
- Advanced degree in business administration, engineering or other related fields with a focus on travel, transport or logistics with outstanding academic record and international experience (e.g. study abroad)
- 0-3 years of relevant industry research or analytics experience
- Experience and willingness to cover rail industry related research is a plus
- Solid understanding of economic, financial and general business concepts and terminology
- Familiarity with core statistical concepts (e.g. correlation, regressions, confidence intervals, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels within an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively