Our Risk Practice supports clients in many different industries facing challenges of developing and implementing tailored concepts for risk recognition, measurement, and control. Facing extreme volatility in financial and commodity markets, more and more of our clients are realizing that effective, risk-informed strategy can offer a major source of competitive advantage. We take a truly global, cross-sector, cross-functional view of risk issues, combining McKinsey’s deep industry insight and strategic skills with a structured risk-management approach, proven methodologies focused on true transformation, analytical tools, and practical implementation. For our office in Frankfurt we are looking for a
Analyst (m/f/d) - Risk Management
What you'll do
You will develop analyses and conduct surveys for the banking and insurance sector as well as industrial companies in addition to handling research requests from consultant teams.
You will deal with a variety of risk management topics, including enterprise risk management, risk culture and organization, portfolio management, or strategic implications of regulatory frameworks such as Basel II/III or Solvency II. In internal projects, you will help obtain new insights and contribute your own ideas and experience. You will use a broad range of internal and external sources in your work and have access to an outstanding knowledge structure and an international network of experts.
Besides intensive on-the-job training and ongoing coaching, we will offer you the opportunity to attend internationally recognized training programs, such as the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program. Soon after beginning your career at McKinsey, you will determine your future development, e.g., you will become an expert in a particular industry, expand your knowledge in a specific area of risk management, or take on an expert role in client projects.
- University degree in business/economics or a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Mathematics or Physics) and excellent academic record
- Interest in risk management topics and have gained relevant knowledge during internships
- Candidates with extensive work experience will enter the role at a more senior level
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)